Smashed Potatoes That Will Leave Your Kids Begging For More
I am so tired of making things that my toddler just looks at and says “YUCK!”. You’ve got to be kidding me! I’m not a short order cook! I don’t like making a separate meal for my kids to eat. Usually, they eat what we eat. I used to make something separate for them when we ate salads, but they ended up asking for bites of our meals and I thought, perfect! One less extra meal to make!
I made these potatoes the other night to go along with some grilled BBQ chicken drumsticks and veggies. They were a big hit and had everyone coming back for more. I know if my toddler (who would rather run around and play than eat dinner) asks for more, they are worth making again and again. My husband absolutely raved about them too. The best part? They are super easy! My two and a half-year old helped smash and season too, so this is also a great dish to get your kids in the kitchen!
If you’ve never had smashed potatoes before, you’re in for a treat! They are amazingly tender on the inside, but crisp on the outside. They make the perfect side dish!
Adult and toddler approved!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bag of Honey Gold Potato Inspirations
- Kosher salt & Fresh ground pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a big pot, cover the potatoes with water and boil until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet. Using the bottom of a cup, press down on the potato until flattened but still in one piece.
- Top with olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Place in the oven and cook 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
I hope you and your family enjoy these tasty smashed potatoes! There were no left overs in my house! What is your favorite, easy side dish? Leave a comment below!