Need a delicious brunch dish for a the next big breakfast brunch, holiday, or just a quick breakfast dish to make for your family for the weekend? This one is an easy-to-throw-together recipe that has everyone coming back for more! My toddler loves to help me in the kitchen with this dish because it’s mostly just dumping ingredients into the bowl and stirring them together. What toddler doesn’t love to help stir? I find that if I include her on the cooking end, she will gobble it up once it’s ready because SHE made it! (Lord knows I spend enough time making things that she won’t eat!!) Easy to make AND toddler approved!? WIN-WIN!! This recipe is also a great use up for left overs in the fridge!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lbs ground sausage, ham, or bacon (Have all three? Even better!)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 16 oz Simply Potatoes O’Brian Hash browns
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 sweet onion
- Optional additional items: Spinach, diced tomatoes, broccoli, or any veggie left over in your fridge.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the sausage until no longer pink in the middle. Drain grease, and let cool.
- Sautee onions until translucent and slightly browned, and let cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk.
- Add cheese and sour cream and stir together.
- Add the hash browns, onion, and sausage.
- Pour everything together in a greased casserole dish and cook for about an hour until lightly browned on top.
I hope you enjoy this dish! I know my family does! It’s my go-to recipe to bring to a brunch and there’s never any left overs! Be sure to make yourself a plate before it’s all gone!